Sunday, July 24, 2011

Product: BYS Nail Polish Cracked - Black

A little off the productivity trail BUT the best and probably only time I apply nail polish is when I'm watching tv/dramas/youtube. Multitasking!! And there's less chance you'll smudge it. When I was in Geelong I had an hour to kill in the morning so I decided to walk around a tiny Kmart opposite to where we were staying. I encountered a whole shelf of BYS nail polishes which I wished was in my room (they had soooooo many colours). I spotted the cracked finish ones (much like OPI's Kate Perry Black Shatter except at a fraction of the price) and just had to get it. $4 which is pretty reasonable for a nail polish.
IMAG0301
The consistency is thin but one layer is all you need. I don't know how it is so pigmented and whether it is only the cracked series that have this consistency+pigmentation, I hope all the other colours are the same as I might go get another one. However I do think you need to apply it when the base colour isn't completely dried yet as the first time I did it, it turned out pretty well but the second time I let by base colour dry completely and the black didn't crack properly it just flaked.

Base Coat
IMAG0296

Still wet cracked coat
IMAG0298

Dried coat
IMAG0299

Hopefully I can figure out why it didn't work out.

Boring post much?

No comments:

Post a Comment