Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Unusual findings and the Viet father

I've been at home for the past 2 days and when I looked outside at 5:30pm I just wanted to get outside and play like a kid.
So I did....until I reached the driveway with a frisbee in my hand.
And mum made me GARDEN!!
I complained but she was like GRRRRRR so I did some pruning and sweeping before going down to the park to play frisbee.
Except frisbee ain't exactly fun by yourself so I went home to get a basketball instead and decided to shoot some hoops.
And as I was collecting the ball after a failed attempt I saw something that should NOT be on a basketball court.
Especially when this basketball court was behind a church and next to a child care centre!!!!
I have no idea how it got there and I don't want to know how.
But seriously?? No one ummmmm "does it" at a park....?
Feel sorry for any kids who decide to go play bball and come across it.

Did anyone read the article on the front cover of the Herald Sun today?
It was quite vague but it was something about a father who went to court for making his kids study too hard to try and get a scholarship.
I never knew you could get charged for it.
One line caught me "pushed his two daughters to complete homework above their academic level"
Have they ever heard of places like Kumon and North Shore? 
Wonder if all the asian parents will be charged as well.
Also it says the father did it so his daughters would get "private school scholarships"
If you don't get your kids to do homework above their academic level then how can they a scholarship? Because won't every kid get a scholarship then?
I really don't get the logic in that.
Also the judge should probably read Pauline Nguyen/Luke Nguyen's story, this father isn't the only one, and publishing a story like this won't stop other fathers from pushing their kids like mad.


Just my two cents =]


Were you pushed by your parents when you were a kid?
In the later years of primary school and start of high school I went to school 7 days a week. 
I hated it.
But now I'm grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment